Sunday, August 26, 2012

Catching Up Again!

I know that I keep letting you all down and I'm so sorry.  I have had so much going on! 

I got to have lunch with a sweet friend who I met on the Internet and finally got to put a face with a name and I was so blessed by meeting her and getting to know each other further.  We said that we would have lunch together soon and I hope we can again really soon.  She is just the sweetest person and has really blessed me knowing her over the last several years.

Secondly, my best friend who moved to Norway back in January had a death in her family and will be in town till September 6.  Another huge blessing to me!  I got to see her the first time last Thursday.  She has lost what I have gained.  I have never seen Karen so small!  She looks fantastic and has really motivated me.  Like all of you who support me she is very concerned about me.  We just had lunch together but this next week we are spending Monday, Wednesday and Thursday with each other and I'm sure the following week will be the same. I know that I will have to go through missing her all over again but I also know that she will be coming back November or December for a few weeks.  I'm hoping that because she flew here on her own that maybe next year she will consider to come back and spend a month here getting to see family and friends outside of her husband's vacation time.  HOPING!!!

I haven't gotten to meet up with JD because he has been sick with a bad cold and awful congestion.  Since I just had my Remicade my immune system is at it's lowest so I'm hoping by this coming Tuesday that we will be able to start my training again. This week I started my plan but I have had a rough go of it.  Monday I had Remicade and was gone most of the day and when I got home I fell asleep.  Eating was good, in fact I missed lunch that day so my calories were only about 1,000 or so calories.  Tuesday I met my friend and we went to Luby's and I did really well and after we met I had to run a couple of errands and then I had an appointment to get the Keratin treatment done on my hair.  I missed lunch that day too.  Not good.  Wednesday I had to be at the Dr.'s early to finish up my annual physical.  I'll give you the results later.  After I saw him I had to run Mark his lunch and then I had to go to the court house to get my handicap placard for my car.  Yes, I need one at times.  I'm not going to use it unless I really need to like when I go see Anna I have to walk around the building and then walk back to the back of the building once I'm inside.  It is a haul and my knees and ankles can't take it.  I was so hungry that day because I missed breakfast I did not make a good choice for lunch but my dinner was a good choice.  I'm sure that my calories were over 2500 that day.  Thursday I got to meet up with Karen after I saw Anna and we had Chinese food and pretty much after that meal I just felt like giving up.  Thursday dinner was BBQ and then Friday we headed up to Ft. Worth and my choices while we have been here have been good at times and bad at times.  I can't wait to get back home in my own environment!  I don't know what next week will bring with Karen being here but I know that she will help me.  She always has.

I'm still miserable!

Now on to the results of my physical.  My EKG was normal so I was happy about that.  Of course my blood work showed that I'm low on B-12 which I'm giving myself weekly injections and my vitamin D is low which the Dr. called in mega D pills for me to take for 6 weeks.  I already know from my oncologist that my iron level is low but not to the point of anemia and she will decide next month rather to give me a iron IV or not.  I did find out that I am insulin resistant but my numbers are not too high.  My Dr. believes that the last 30 lbs that I have gained has caused this.  He said that he truly believes that my numbers will go back down with my weight loss and he is really happy about my plan to lose it.  My Rheumatologist also said that my plan was great on Monday!  He told me that normally they would treat it with Metforman but that can cause diarrhea and that isn't good for my crohns so for the next 3 months I need to stick to my plan and lose what I can and he is going to retest me then.  We didn't talk about my cholesterol which the last time I was tested it wasn't high but because of the high inflammation tat I have from crohn's and sjogren's they wanted me on cholesterol meds and I was a bad girl and quit taking them.  I admitted it to him last month and he told me not to start taking them until we finished my physical so I'm going to shoot him a email this weekend and find out what those results were and what he wants me to do.

So gang, this is my wake-up call.  While things are not bad things are starting to go awry and I don't want to add another medical issue to my list.  Oh yes, the Dr. also said that he didn't want to add the Metforman because of all the other meds and supplements that I have to take unless he has to.  He said that I am at the point it is scary to have to add any more meds because of all that I have to take.  So...it's time for Laura to get serious and she plans to!

We are up in Ft. Worth this weekend to work on Mark's Mom's house.  His sister and him turned the weekend into a shopping spree to look for new light fixtures for the house when it is ready to go on the market.  If they don't get serious about going through her stuff her house is never going to hit the market.  I've been a bit upset this weekend because I came to work but I have pretty much just sat around because I can get around well enough to shop!  We are going home today and I will be so happy to get there!

I swear that I am going to get back to daily or at least every other day writing on this blog so I will quit having such long posts!

Thanks for having patience with me and thanks for wanting to keep up with me!

Later!

1 comment:

  1. I'm confident you can do what you set your mind to do!

    Missing meals entirely probably isn't helping any (a problem I freely admit having myself), is there a protein bar that you can keep in your purse for these types of situations? (I'm thinking along the line of a Luna or Clif bar type thing, but also realize that those might not be the best choice for your challenges. I keep a clif bar in my purse, and eat part or whole one when needed... it seems to help when my eating schedule is off and I'm starting to feel unwell. Goal for me is to limit the Number of times I have to replace it

    ReplyDelete