Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Oh Geeze! Where do I start?

Well, I got over my leg infection and then had to get my crohn's back in shape as always.

I did stop seeing Kathy because she became more of a source of aggravation than the money was worth.  I had grasped Mindful eating so I started to question what was I paying her for.  She moved to wanting me to read books on Intuitive Eating that we would discuss each week Chapter by Chapter and Intuitive Eating is so similar to mindful eating I felt it was a waste of my time.  She also started getting on my nerves because I would show up for an appointment and she was late or had to cut my time short for one reason or another.  I also was pretty peeved after a year of working with her my weight was higher than when I started and when I expressed concern I felt like all I got was "it will come" and "don't obsess about the number".  It was driving me crazy. 

Another thing that has happened is we hired a Personal Chef to prepare 4 dinners per week.  Friday-Sunday we cook together or enjoy a meal out.  Is it expensive?  We thought it would be  but we pay $300 Chef Fee (got a discount because our Chef lives really close) plus groceries.  The Chef is preparing low-fat, low cal and low sodium entrees and sides for us.  She is amazing and we wished we would have done this a long time ago.  No more fighting about what we are going to eat!  Everything is fresh and clean!  She does the menu's which we select from, shops and cooks.  So for about $750 a month it is money well spent.

I know this is short today but this catches up with the food side of my life.  I have a sleep study tonight and a Dr.'s appointment tomorrow and possibly my Remicade if I get released for it in time.  I will write some more tomorrow or Thursday and I'll catch you up with Dr. Michel.

Thanks for hanging in there with me!  I'm fighting my way back!

No comments:

Post a Comment