Monday, April 22, 2013

Wild Weekend!

I'm so sorry I didn't get to post this weekend. We got a late start going up to Dallas and ran into traffic before we got to the hotel. We only had about an hour to get ready and to get to the party so it was helter skelter.  The 50th wedding anniversary party for Mark's sister and brother-in-law was beautiful. Her kids did amazing job on the party. They cleared out furniture, had round tables all decorated, amazing food, open bar basically the works!  we had such a good time! His sister had her going away outfit display with her original wedding book, invitation, her diary with the recorded page of when she met Cecil and of all things the first Christmas ornament. The house was full other wedding pictures and the kids did a video from the time they were dating through their childhood off to the grandchildren.

On Saturday mark worked for a while at his mothers putting up I need fixture and her dining room and installing a new ceiling fan in her bedroom. We almost have the house ready to be put on the market and this week what mark 8 year from when she passed away. Nancy, mark, and I shed quite a few tears talking about this last year and wanting all of this to be over with.

I did forget to tell you that his middle sister was there (the one that has caused so much trouble) and Mark overheard her say to Nancy "Did you know that "they" were going to be here?"  Stupid!  What in the hell does she think that her only brother would stay away on such a big celebration?  Duh?  She didn't speak to us and avoided us like a plague.

Saturday night we met up with his best friend Tim and his wife Pam.  When they were all younger they all use to hang out with Pam's sisters and Becky (one of them) met us also.  Mark and her had not seen each other for at least 30 years.  It was a lot a fun and we didn't get back to the hotel till 1:30!

Sunday we visited Nancy and Cecil for a couple of hours and then hit our favorite Mexican food place and I did not control my eating and will face Kathy about it on Thursday.  We went hope a different way because of the traffic going up.  I thought I was going to die from pain in my ankles and knees before we got home.  I had never hurt so bad!

To fill you in with my phone visit with Kathy last Thursday.  She used some pretty tough love on me (her words).  She asked me how many times did we eat out the last week and I really didn't know.  When she told me that we ate out 11 of the 21 times I was really shocked.  She told me that it was going to stop.  I told her about my trip and she understood that controlling the eat outs would be hard during the weekend.  I told her what I could eat at the hotel for breakfast and that we could do Subway for lunch and about the night out Saturday and eating our Mexican food so she was o.k. with it.  She then told me that she wanted a menu from me by today of what I was going to eat Monday through Thursday when I would see her again.  This is what I just sent to her:


Kathy,

I'm sorry that I did not get this to you sooner but I slept nearly all day!

This is what I fixed tonight:

grilled chicken breast
broccoli
new potatoes

Tuesday:

Baked Ono Fish
potato packets with bacon and a little cheese
brown butter balsamic green beans

Wednesday

Pork Chops on the grill
mashed potatoes
mixed steamed vegetables

Thursday

HEB Roast Beef packets low sodium
boiled potatoes
carrots (wish I knew how to fix them other than boiled)

Let me know if you see something that I need to change or you don't like.

See you Thursday,
Laura

She did give me a lot of praise in regards to my list of foods that I put together with some of your help and again I appreciate it so much.  She also told me that she loved that I shared the Chicken Spaghetti and she was going to try it!  She said that I had a lot of good ideas to get me going.  I'm sure that when I work on next weeks menu I will work with that list.  We are also going to start working on the workbook that she had me get so she told me to bring it with me on Thursday.  I will be happy to get started on something because I still feel like I really don't know what I'm doing or if I'm doing this right.  I'm ready to learn!

Tomorrow I see my oncologist and I'm hoping that she will help figure out something that I can take for pain with the blood thinners that she has me on.  Also tomorrow I am going to go grocery shopping but I'm only going to do half of the store.  I think that I can make it that far!  Pray for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment