Thursday, May 30, 2013

Part II Of The Very Long And Overdue Update!

I did forget to mention that before Ed started speaking to me that I call my neighbor to see if she would like to go to lunch.  She told me that she was getting her toes and nails done and it would be after 1:00 and I told her that would be fine.  So after talking to Mark I headed to Walgreen's to get the pain medication for my knees that my oncologist prescribed for me because of my blood thinners.  You can't just take anything.  All I could think of was finally I would get some relief.

I get to Walgreen's and pull up to the window to find out that they did not get the prescription.  I had to pull forward and call the Dr. office and luckily I got straight to a nurse who was able to catch her between patients and they sent it over to Walgreen's.  I pulled around and told the clerk that the Dr. just sent it and they checked and told me that it would be about 15 minutes.  I pulled forward again to just wait and if that stupid Ed didn't start his yapping in my ears!  He goes "Well, there is Jack In The Box while you are waiting why don't you drive through and get you a big diet coke because you are so thirsty and get 4 tacos to go with it."  I just sighed and told him "Ed you really need to leave me alone.  I'm going to lunch with Rae and I can stand it a little while longer without a coke.  I'm fixing to be headed home and I can get one there."  Nothing.  No response from Ed.  But the next thing I know I wake up and I am sitting in the line past the speaker at Jack In The Box and I'm thinking "What am I doing here?"  I kid you not I don't remember driving over there nor do I remember ordering!  I will swear to it!  I got to the window and got out my credit card and they hand me a large drink and a sack of 4 tacos.  I about died.  It just freaked me out.  I drove back around to where I was parked at Walgreen's and ate my tacos and told myself that when Rae called that I would have to tell her what happened and that I had eaten and couldn't go.  I knew that 4 tacos wasn't the best choice but I had done it before so I was o.k. with it as long as I didn't go out with Rae.  I was still stumped as to what happened.

About the time I was finishing the last taco Walgreen's called my cell to tell me that there was a drug interaction with my Cymbalta and that they were going to have to call the Dr. back.  I almost lost it.  I just wanted to scream at them but I knew it wasn't their fault.  I knew that if the Dr. would have gotten the prescription over to them when I was in her office and not have had to call about it, I would have been home, Ed would have lost and I would be waiting to o and have a enjoyable lunch with Rae.  But NO!  I was hacked off!

When I got home Rae called to tell me that she had decided to get a massage and that she would be able to go until about 3 and asked me if I wanted to wait.  I told her no that I needed to take care of me and that we would get together at some other point in time.  I was o.k. with it and I decided to take a nap because I was feeling exhausted from all the goings on of the morning!  Whew!

Well, I'm stopping here because my eyes are slamming shut.  I have been up since 3:45 a.m. and it is nearly 4:00 and I need a nap!  I will be back to finish this day when I wake up.  More to come.  Like it could get any better.  Just wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment