Saturday, May 4, 2013

Thursday...

I had good visits with Kathy and Anna on Thursday.  Anna and I mainly discussed the workbook that Kathy has me working in called "Eating Mindfully".  I told Anna that I felt like we had some things to work on for me to be mindful.  I read her some of the things that I saw out of the workbook and she told me that she was going to order it so that we could work on it more closely together.  I'm glad that she is going to do that.  It will help for all of us to be on the same page.  I really want to learn all that I can because I truly believe that this is where I need to be.  No more dieting.

I got to Kathy's and we talked about my food log and spent most of the time on it and she was very happy with what she saw happening.  She was also real happy about me going to the store and also going to Costco.  I'm still pretty pumped about that too, however this week I needed to go to the store and I just didn't do it.  This weekend we are slipping back to the eat-out mode but I plan to go shopping in the morning, shortly after we get up.  Back to Kathy... I told her that I talked to Anna about the workbook and that I felt like I had some issues to work through to help me be mindful.  I asked her if we could stop where we were at for now in the workbook and let us do some work before continuing and Kathy said "No".  I told her that I really would like to because I told her that I was starting to feel like I was starting to drown in the information and needed some to time to let it all absorb as well.  She still told me "No" and told me to proceed with the exercises in Chapter 2 this week.  The exercises will assess where I'm at in mindful eating.  She told me that next week she would share with me where she thought I was at.  This should be interesting.  She told me that the work book really hits all areas of mindful eating in the first two Chapters but starting in 3 they go back and take each section slower.  That should help and give Anna and I some time work do work that I feel like we need to do.

That pretty much was the end of our session.  45 minutes sure do fly by so quickly.  I wish that I could afford to have double sessions with both Anna and Kathy.  It would do me a world of good!

Thursday night Mark and I decided that we would go out.  I told him that I felt like that we needed to stop going to the same old places and start doing what Kathy suggested and make out eating out a special event.  We decided to try a new pace for some pasta.  We went to Johnny Carino's and we had a wonderful dinner and we thoroughly enjoyed it and realized how much more we enjoyed it going to some place that we had never been to before.  Luckily here in Houston we will have lots of new places to go and try!

I was going to combine Thursday and Friday together but the happenings of Friday would make this way to long.  It is late Saturday evening when I'm posting this.  I will write Friday's in the morning when I get up so...depending on when you come out to read today you will have 2 posts to read to catch up with the happenings of my journey again.

Friday may shock you.  It did me!

No comments:

Post a Comment