Saturday, December 29, 2012

2nd Visit With Kathy

Well, I thought I would get back sooner but I hit a slump after Stacey and Eyan left.  Thank God that they were here for Christmas.  I had a few meltdowns while they were here with this situation with my parents.  It was hard to be around family hearing what they got from them and we didn't even get a card.  Go figure.  I'd be lying if I told you it doesn't hurt.  It hurts a lot.

My second visit with Kathy was full of new things to think about and to put into action.  When I got there she had my food records pulled up on her computer.  She could see right off that I was eating a lot of fast food.  I explained to her that it took me several days to get food in the house and then at night we loved going out and looking at lights and that pretty much caused us to eat out.  She asked me to try and cut it down to only the evening meal and to try to eat breakfast, lunch and my snack at home.  I told her that I would try.  We discussed what I had going on during the week.  I happened to have a lot of Dr.'s appointments so she talked to me about packing snacks and making sure that I always have something in my purse that I could go to in case I got caught out.  She also told me that no longer could I drive through a fast food place without parking my car and going inside and eating my meal there.  She said that there was not going to be any more eating in my car.  We talked about the things that I ordered and she noticed that I always had fries.  I explained to her that I normally just ordered combos because of "their deal".  She looked at me and asked me if 70 cents were going to break me.  I told her no and she told me to just order what I wanted and to stop ordering the deals.  It made sense.  It is amazing the habits that we get into and a mindset.  So, I had all that stuck in my noggin.  No more fast food in the car and to go in and eat and order what I wanted and not a deal.  Of course she said that if I was wanting fries, she said to order a combo but to really think about what I was hungry for and make sure I got what I wanted.

We also talked some more about ditching the dieting mentality.  She told me that she did not want any Weight Watcher products in my house.  She wanted me to continue to work on letting go of points.  I told her that I was still wanting to weigh and measure things and she told me to stop.  I questioned her about how much meat to put on a sandwich and she told me to put some meat on my sandwich and when I ate it if I thought it didn't have enough then tomorrow put more on my sandwich and if I thought it had too much then lessen it the next day.  Talk about freaking out in the head!  I then asked her about chips.  I asked her if I should weigh out a ounce of chips and she told me no to just take out the chips, get myself a handful of chips and put them on my plate and then to put the chips away.  OMG!  This was going to be hard.  She told me that at some point in time we might start weighing food again but for now she wanted me to let it go.  I asked her how did I know how many calories I was getting and she quickly told me that it was her job to worry about the calories and it was my job to do what she told me to do.  OK, I got that down.

We talked about the next day as I had to work out at noon and then I had a Dr.'s appointment at 2:00.  It was going to take me the whole hour to get to the Dr.'s.  I worried about not getting lunch till 3 or after and being too hungry.  We talked about it and she told me that I could either pack a lunch to take with me to eat once I got to the Dr.'s or I could take a snack and then eat after my appointment.  She asked me what would I eat if I had to wait until I got through at the Dr.'s.  I told her most likely it would be Chick-Fil-A and she told me again that I must park and go inside to eat.  She asked me what I would pack for a snack and I told her that I still had some My Fit Food Protein Bars and Protein Cookies and she made a icky face and told me that I needed to get rid of them.  She told me not to throw them away but asked me how much more did we have.  I told her just a few things and she told me not to buy anymore of them.  She said that there were healthier options.

So, we had the plan for the week, not to weigh or measure, for me to figure out what satisfied me and to stop eating in my car and if I chose fast-food that I had to get out of my car and go inside and eat my food inside the restaurant.  Whoa, this was some big changes.  I knew that it was going to be a challenge.

Oops I almost forgot one thing.  I asked her if it was o.k. for Mark and I to get a cappuccino while we were out looking at lights.  She told me no.  She told me that we were having dinner and then going to look at lights.  She did not want me to have anything else until time had passed and I needed a snack.  She explained to me that I was correlating the cappuccino to looking at lights.  I could see that so I could see a trend of mindless eating.  That was a tough one because it was something that we always did.  I knew that Mark was going to have a fit when I told him and he just about did.  I told him that he could get one but that I had to stop.  He is such a sweetie he gave them up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment