Saturday, December 15, 2012

Finding Kathy!

So after reeling and binging, I knew that I had to do something.  I seriously thought about returning to Weight Watchers but I just could not get my head wrapped around it again.  I knew that I didn't have to go back to Mike's class and that there were others out there but just going back to something that I felt like had stopped working for me was just too much to handle.  I pondered about other programs but the thought of any more packaged dinners also didn't ease my mind.

One afternoon I decided to search for a Nutritionist.  I thought maybe I should just bite the bullet and work with someone that could definitely get me on the track to "Clean Eating".  I Googled "Woodlands Nutritionist" and a few popped up.  The first one that I looked at sounded really interesting.  She was with a "Wellness Group".  That didn't bother me if I could see her without doing all the other "Wellness" stuff that they offered.  The attraction to this one was that she offered "modules" that you could take, such as "Good Carbs/Bad Carbs", "Grocery Shopping", "What's in our Food", "Obstacles in Weight Loss", "Making the Lifestyle Change" and more.  I felt like I could take all of those modules, so I emailed them to find out pricing information.  They emailed me back pretty quickly and the pricing wasn't terrible so I called to ask further questions.  When setting up the appointment, they asked me what medications I was on.  As I went down the list the girl kept telling me that they could get me off of them.  That was huge red flags for me.  I'm not into holistic medicine at all  I kept telling her that I just wanted to talk to the nutritionist nnd she kept telling me that I could but that I would have to become an established patient first.  She emailed me a couple of articles on Thyroid function and Adrenal Glands, along with all the paperwork that I would need to fill out and bring with me.  I could see very plainly that this was going to get me into something that I did not want so I emailed them back and cancelled my appointment.

I felt lost again.  Dang, I felt like that would have been such a great place to get some great help.  The modules is what got my interest the most.  I went back out to Google again and searched for Woodlands Dietician and The Woodlands Eating Disorder Clinic came up.  Low and behold it was a clinic that Anna told me about last Spring when I was thinking about going into rehab.  I clicked on their Nutrition Tab and there was Kathy Veath, a RN plus a Nutritionist, had 12 years in treating people with eating disorders, the thing that stood out for me was "Binging".  I thought to myself, but again I have to get involved in the whole clinic and I already have Anna and I didn't want to give her up so I went back to my Google page and there was Kathy's name separate from the clinic.  Low and behold she sees people outside of the clinic.  I was so excited.  I read her full website and I knew that I was on to something really good.  I emailed Kathy to find out her pricing and to get more information.  I didn't hear back from her till late that night.  She is expensive as it was $120 for the first visit and then each visit is $80.  Stated that insurance may not cover it.

The next day I had Anna so I called Kathy on the way to see Anna.  I was able to get an appointment for the following Wednesday.  She just asked me to keep a food journal and bring it with me.  When I told Anna about what I was doing she was happy as well.

So...tomorrow I will fill you in on one more thing that happened before seeing Kathy for the first time and my first visit with Kathy.  It will be good so stop back by.

No comments:

Post a Comment