Thursday, December 13, 2012

Things Changing!

If you have been popping out here in the last few days then you have seen the blog changing.  Thanks to a great designer, Becky at The Cutest Blog On The Block, she has helped me make the blog transform into something that I love!

I know that you all think that I have fallen off the face of the earth but rest assured I haven't.  Things went south with My Fit Foods.  I struggled, I was sick and everyday was a challenge but more than anything I wanted to make it work with that program.  By Thanksgiving I was so nauseated I just wanted to stop eating all together.  It was bad!

I did lose a total of 30 lbs. on that adventure.  Have I kept it off?  No!

Thanksgiving was the worse one in my life.  For those of you who have followed me through the years then you know the issues I have with my family, especially my mom.  She was in rare form when they were here Thanksgiving.  As soon as they left I headed for the food.  I have managed to keep off about 12 lbs of the 30 that I lost.  There is no need to go into what happened but it was the final blow in my life where my parents are concerned.  The weird thing is with my Dad I do feel his love and have felt it during my life.  Lately my Mom has started wearing off on him and he has started some of her same shenanigans!  This visit, after the binge, getting in to see Anna as fast as I could after they left (2 appointments in a week!) and then ensuing drama for the last few weeks and another blow this past weekend, I am ready to let this whole life long battle go.  I love my parents, they have been good to me, given me everything that I wanted physically but failed to give me what I needed emotionally and that was love and acceptance.  Things don't love.  Words and actions do.

I'm done.  It is time for Laura to take care of Laura.  It is time  for Laura to heal.  It is time for Laura to learn how to love herself and boy that is what I am going to do.  I'll still see my parents, I will talk to them like always but with a whole lot of boundaries.  Lots of them.  They are not going to be able to hurt me anymore.  PERIOD!

Now on to the bigger news.  With all the goings on surrounding Thanksgiving and the ending of my journey with My Fit Foods.  I was lost.  I struggled as to what to do as far as my weight loss journey.  The thought of going back to Weight Watchers made me want to gag.  Surgery is out and will always remain out for me.  I had never felt so lost as to what to do with losing this weight.

I decided to look for a nutritionist and I really do believe with all my heart that I have found the best.  I have so much to say about Kathy, the newest member of my medical team!!!

Want to hear more?  Stop by tomorrow as I will start to catch you up as to what has happened over the last two weeks!  It is good!  You will want to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment