Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Let's Wrap This Up and Move on!

Obviously there has been a lot of time that has lapsed since all of this has happened.  My emotions have been all over the place and most days I am scared to death and worry if I can do it and if I have time to get this weight off once and for all.

After Stacey went home I struggled with A. Fib. every 3-4 days.  It was awful.  I hated the way it made me feel.  This went on for about a month when one day I was taking to a old high school friend who suffers with A. Fib. and we were talking about the flavored waters that she drinks.  I told her that all I drink is Coke Zero.  She flipped.  She told me that they were high in caffeine and sure enough I went and checked on the can and they had 35 grams of caffeine in each can!  I drink as many as 4-5 a day!  I thought Coke Zero meant sugar-free and caffeine free!  DUMB!  I got on-line and found that Coke made a Caffeine free version so I had Mark pick some up and you know what?  The A. Fib stopped!  I have not had any more A. Fib since I stopped drinking regular Coke Zero!

I had some problems with the Cardiologist and I thought that I was going to have to find a new one!  His office cancelled an appointment which left me without meds.  Come to find out they don't get the Dr.'s notes from the hospital stays until all the physicians attending the patient have dictated have done theirs.  Because of this the drugs that he prescribed in the hospital the office knew nothing about except we talked about them on several occasions.  Go figure!  They even had me come and pick up samples to blood thinners and never documented my chart!  On my last visit to see the cardiologist I tried to tell him all that I had been through I felt like he blew me off.  I was so upset that I called his office to see if he had a office manager to voice my concerns.  They didn't have one but the girl I talked to listened to me and I told her that I was thinking of finding someone else but that the hospital was close to my home and I didn't want to get one across town.  Not for my heart.  She was appauled that I had gone through so much and apparently she could see that my chart was not properly documented and she told me that she would personally talk to the Dr. and that I could expect better from the office.  Boy the next time I had to call the Dr., which happened to be last week, the nurse told me that she would talk to the Dr. and call me back.  I felt like I was having some bad side affects to the meds.  I couldn't tell if it was Crohn's or the meds  The Dr. called me back in less that 15 minutes to talk to me about it.  I feel a lot better about things now.

However, right now I'm not on any A. Fib. meds except for the blood thinners.  I'm having strange heart beats at time but hopefully we will be able to try some new meds in the next couple of days.  I've been off the meds since last Thursday and so far no A. Fib just a jumpy heart at times and my heart rate is in the 80's instead of the 70's which I don't like.

My last visit with the Pulmonary Dr. he took me off the oxygen during the day and stopped the breathing treatments but I now have an inhaler to use 4 times a day.  I still need oxygen at night and they have switched me from a C-Pap to a Bi-Pap and I hate it.  I'm not sleeping as well as I was and I called yesterday to tell them.  Hopefully today they will let me go back to the C-Pap machine.  I sure hope so!

While I was having the A. Fib issues I lost a total of 35 lbs.  Mindful eating does work.  The issue?  You have to do it!  I'm struggling and that is very scary to me.  I'm up about 8 lbs and I've got to get this going the other way.  I will.  I have to.

I have a post that I want to write to you but I will have to save it for another day.  Right now I need to go and get ready to go see my new Weight Management Internist that my Rheumatologist wants me to see.  We'll see how that goes.  I will write about that tonight and let you all know what this is going to be like.  I sincerely hope that she can help me.

I'm ready to get back to sharing my days and this recover/saving my life journey.  Never ever did I think that I would push this weight to this point.  Do or die!  Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment