Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Whew Baby!

I had another good day yesterday!  Yea!  Now starting on Day 3 and we are going good!  Did the Wii, ate breakfast and of all things went back to bed and sleep for awhile.  Don't know why my eyes were slamming shut this morning!  The agenda today is to continue to work on the house and get it ready for the maids.  Mind you I have to do a little at a time.  I tire so easily.  I'll be so glad to get my strength and agility back!  Sooner the better!

My trainer gave me the workout of a lifetime.  I guess the conditioning training is over because yesterday I thought he was going to kill me!  LOL!  I survived but he was out for me to "feel the burn" and boy did I ever feel it!  OMG!  We did 10 minutes on the treadmill with the incline set at 4 and the speed at 120, then he put 2lb dumbbells in my hand and made me not hold on and pump those dumbbells.  I thought I was going to go off the back of the treadmill because I felt like I was walking up a hill.  My balance was everywhere!  Then for the first time since I start working out with him we did some weight machines and that is really when I could "feel the burn"!  He'd ask me after the first rep if I could feel the burn and if I couldn't he went up on the weights.  By the time we got to the shoulder press I could lift 10 lbs.  It was funny but no funny.  I told him that all the guys on that side of the gym were laughing their ass off at me.  He assured me that they weren't and if they did he would take care of them.  I can only imagine what he has planned for Friday.  I best be ready for him.  Nice guy is over with that is for sure!  Oh yea, I almost forget!  On the Ab Machine I was pulling over 85 lbs!  That was exciting to me! 

When I got home I fixed my snack of non-fat Greek yogurt and a cup of strawberries and it was so good and it really hit the spot.  I was so tired.  I ended up falling asleep about the time I should have been feeding my kitty monsters and they were patient till 6:00.  When Mark called he told me to go ahead a go back to sleep, he was on his way home and he said that he would wake me up in a hour and help me fix dinner.  Well, I don't know what he was doing but I woke up at 8:00 and he was outside.  We ended up going to Cheddar's and I was good.  I ordered their lunch size salmon with green beans and carrots.  I didn't get it blackened or with a honey bourbon glaze on it, I asked for it to be cooked plain and I enjoyed it all.  My calories for the day was only 1288 which is really too low and I know my fearless trainer will have some choice words for me.  I'll have to get my calories up today.

I still can see that this is truly a battle of the mind.  Even after having my good self talk yesterday morning I really had to fight to stay on plan.  What was weird was I didn't want to eat on time.  I kept putting it off.  This morning when I was reading in Chris Powell's book he told the importance of eating on the clock of every 3 hours and why you must!  It keeps the metabolism burning most effectively when you do that.  You are empty in 3 hours so you need to keep the body fueled and running at top performance.  Today that is my goal...to eat by the clock!  Speaking of which, it is time to go and feed this body some lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment