Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WOW!

I had someone this morning post a TV station out of Colorado Springs that is covering the fire in Waldo Canyon and I have been engrossed all day long with my heart breaking.  We had fires last year in our area as well as the Austin Texas area and it was really bad but this has really broke my heart watchig it live all day long.  Pray for all the people and fires in Colorado!  Consider doing something for them...giving to the Red Cross or something!  I am!

I am feeling a lot better today.  I haven't had any more fever but chose to have a real laid back day.  I did get out for a few minutes today to go to the Post Office and to pick up a sandwich for lunch.  The rest of the time I've either been glued to the internet or I've been asleep!

Yesterday, I was still running fever and I didn't do much but sleep.  I'm so glad that I am feeling better so tomorrow I shoud be able to get back to working out on the Wii and I'm planning to go and see Anna and I've actually made an appointment at a new salon to get my hair cut off and colored and highlighted.  My last stylist has really screwed it up and I'm sick of it being long.  It is past my shoulders.  Maybe tonight I'll get Mark to take a picture of it long and take one tomorrow night with it whacked off short!

Last night I did re-watch Extreme Weightloss Makeover and Jacqui's story just touches me so deeply.  She really motivates me that my dream can come true and that I can do this.  I just wish that it wasn't such a emotional thing.  It is a shame that it is but emotions have so much to do with it.  Like I have said all along...fix the head and then you CAN fix the body.  I'm such a believer of that.

Another thing that I heard on ABC evening news last night was a report on 3 types of diets.  One was just counting calories and losing weight by total calories not by watching what kinds of foods you ate.  The second one was a high protein/low carb like Atkins and the 3rd was one pretty close to what I'm doing which is eating foods that have a low glycemic index (not processed) however it said nothing about no carbs after 2:00 which I do!  Guess which one the study picked?  The low glycemic diet.  It even said that it could increase the metabolism.  How cool is that?  I'm glad that I am doing what I'm doing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment