Monday, July 21, 2014

Slowly Getting Better...

I'm sorry I haven'y posted in the last few days.  Still not feeling the greatest but I was able to get my Dr. to call something in for me.  It is slowly giving me some relief.  I have never had such a crohn's attack so quickly after having my Remicade!  It is almost as if they forgot to mix the drug in!  I sure hope that didn't happen!  I'm sure all of this is because I'm not getting enough of the medicine because of insurance limitations and my weight!  Thank goodness I will see my Rheumatologist next week to find out what else can be done!

The maids came on Friday and it is so nice to have a clean house to enjoy for the weekend.  We did not cook and we both are sick of what the Chef has made so we just ate out!  Not good for the diet!

Pretty much all weekend long I had to stay close to the bathroom and I did get to stitch on my angel I'm making in honor of Jennifer who tragically died 20 years ago in a car accident.  It was one week after her high school graduation and the day before Father's Day.  She was the only child to Les and Penny.  Penny is like a sister to me.  Here is  picture of it so far:


 She is going to be beautiful!  I will post my work from time to time.  This pattern has a young girl ascending to this angel.  It's called "The Angel of Mercy" by  Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum. She is one of my favorite cross-stitch designers.  This one has a lot of beads and lots of metallic thread.  I can't wait to see her finished.  This is also a very good way to keep you from eating!  Do any of you have a hobby?  Please share with me!

I have a dentist appointment and I'm not sure that I can make it yet!  I hate to cancel again.  They are going to fill a small cavity and take off and replace a crown so there is no way of knowing how long I will need to be there and it makes me very nervous!

I see the Weight Management Dr. tomorrow.  She is not going to be happy with me but we are going to have to work something out.  I have no problem giving up sugar and artificial sweeteners, I would like to have maybe a Dove's Dark once a week.  I can give up pasta, potatoes, bread and rice for the most part but why can't I have a treat once a week.  I hope to get some answers tomorrow.

We are having the Chef at least one more time, Especially since I'm having this flare-up!  So we'll see how the next 2 weeks go.

Well that is all for today!  Still laying low in the weeds.  Surely I will get to feeling better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment