Friday, July 25, 2014

Finally Feeling Better!

I'm sorry I haven't been around for the last few days but I've had many doctors appointments, hair appointment and trying to get things done.

The steroids did the trick and I am feeling so much better! In fact my crohns is so much better I can see I have been suffering for a long time. There must be something to do with not getting enough Remicade.  I can't wait to see my Rheumatologist next Tuesday so that we can get a new plan on my treatment.

I'm still struggling with my eating and I've been all over the spectrum! I've been dating a lot of unhealthy foods! In fact I can really see how sugar and carbs make me feel. I'm not sure I'm ready to say that I'm ok with giving them up that I am sure that I want to be very careful in my food selections.  I saw Dr. Aygarko on Tuesday and I am down 50 pounds since April. It feels so good to be back at 377. I know I have a long way to go but I'm proud of what I have done since my scare in April.

Another thing I'd like to report is my lung function is getting better all the time. For a long time when I checked it with my little finger meter my oxygen level was at 88 or at 89. Now, consistently its at 93 and 94! So that is a very exciting thing for me and I can't wait to see my lung doctor next month. In fact I see my cardiologist next week and I hope he is happy with my weight loss so far and will give me a good report of not having to have gastric surgery.

I did have an interesting conversation with my neighbor Rae  the other night. She stopped over after work to go over what I'm doing to leave my weight as she was discouraged that her weight loss wasn't as good as mine. She had lost 6 pounds in three weeks which is nothing to be sad about but she felt like something was wrong. So we sat and talk for a while and I explained to her all that I ate and explain to her that reading the nutrition box found on foods was not enough. I showed her where the nutritional label could show no sugar but the ingredients listed showed sugar. She about flipped out. I explained to her that company had to reach a certain amount of sugar to show the product had sugar in the nutritional box.  She called me about an hour after she left to tell me that everything she had been eating had sugar in it. She was mad but she was determined. It is amazing that nearly everything has sugar and I believe all the sugar is causing obesity and diabetes.

There is an interesting video on Time.com entitled Ending the war on fat.  I encourage you to go out and watch it. Also in the June 23rd issue of Time there is an article entitled Eat Butter. It will blow you away. You may can find it at the library.

I'm really excited about tomorrow because I get to finally see the inside Downsize Fitness!  They are having open house so that we can see how the construction of the gym is coming along. I'm hoping to find out the actual opening day!  So stay tuned. I will take pictures if they will allow it.

Well, I'm going to close this off here and go start the laundry so I will catch you all tomorrow to tell you all about the gym. I am determined to get back on track today as my next goal is to see 360?

No comments:

Post a Comment