Saturday, July 12, 2014

Still Struggling To Get Back...I Won't Give Up!

Mark had to work this morning and my niece Meredith and her partner Shannon came over.  It was a stressful visit since it's been a year in a half since I've seen Shannon.  I just can't stand her after what she has put Meredith through.  But you know sometimes you have to do what you have to do!  I guess the thing that really irked me was Meredith has gone on and on as to how much she has changed.  Bull!  When Patrick went down for his nap, she wanted us to be very quiet.  Bull crap!  She even asked Meredith if she could run our bathroom exhaust fan.  That is something she did once that burned Mark up because it just sucks the a/c out.  The list could go on and on but I won't bore you to tears!

After they left Mark and I had a BBQ sandwich and a little potato salad.  Then we both took a nap.  While Shannon and Meredith were here my best friend sent me a picture of us with some other friends celebrating her birthday.  The picture shocked me and it made me cry.  I've been so sad ever since!



It's a old picture, out of focus but that's me in the purple shirt.  What happened?  I'm telling you it shocked me!  I was so small!  I don't have very many pictures from this time period.  In fact I think the only ones I have is when I was a child.

It hasn't helped that I have gotten off track and I'm beating myself up!  Last night for dinner we had a rib-eye, baked potato and salad.  I feel like crap this morning!  I hope that today will be the day I don't crater and I can get going.  One thing is for sure.  I sure feel the carbs and sugar!!!!  I know some of the intense cravings I have been having helped me get off track.  I can't wait to see Dr. Agyarko again!

I wanted to stitch like crazy after dinner but for some odd reason I had some chills and I'm tired.  I need to get a lot done tomorrow.  I need to get lunches made for Mark and I and possibly some breakfast muffins.

Here is a recipe that I have been promising to share:


Ingredients:

1 large head of Cauliflower cut into bite size pieces (approx 6 cups)
6-8 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled (Cooked in oven at 400° for 20 mins)
6 Tbs chopped Chives
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2 cups Colby Jack Cheese ( may use cheddar)
8 oz container sliced mushrooms

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°
In a large pot boil water and cook Cauliflower for 8 - 10 minutes, drain and let cool.
In a large bowl combine sour cream, mayo, 1/2 of crumbled bacon, 3tbs chives, 1 cups of cheese,mushrooms and cauliflower and mix well... place in baking dish and cover with remaining 1 cup of cheese and rest of bacon crumbles. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. top with remaining 3Tbs chives and serve.
ENJOY!!!!


We love this recipe!  It is how we survive not having potatoes.  I would not bat a eye in serving this to company!  I hope you will try it!!!

I did label this post so that you can find the recipe again!

Praying that tomorrow will be a better day and I get back on track!



No comments:

Post a Comment