Sunday, July 6, 2014

Struggling And Fighting!

We had a busy 4th!  Meredith did get here till about 12:30 and we visited a little and then we grilled some hamburger patties on the grill.  Mark and Meredith ate theirs on buns with chips but I just ate the patty wrapped in lettuce with all the trimmings and No Chips!

Mark and Meredith moved our 50" flat screen from the media room to the living room and then she helped Mark hook up our new 55" for the media room.  It is a LED and the old one was a LCD and boy did it heat the room up.  Hopefully we avoid having to have to put a new big a/c in the house to accommodate all this equipment!

I made them some baked beans to go with some potato salad and brisket that we picked up last night for today.  I made me a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, red onion, avocado and some chopped up brisket with olive oil and red wine vinegar!  YUM!  For dessert Meredith and Mark had watermelon and I had strawberries!  I hate watermelon.  I know I'm weird.

We did watch a movie or better said, they watched the movie and I played on my phone.  I would have stitched but my lamp was bothering Meredith.  It is bright.  It was one of the new Star Trek movies.  I hate Sci-fi!  After Meredith left Mark watched a newer James Bond movie and I got interested in the last part of it.  After it was over we went and fell into the bed.

This morning I got up and it was my hope to get the blog written and get to my stitching but it didn't happen.  I got caught up looking for some gifts on the Vera Bradley website.  Marked fixed us some eggs, ham and cheese for breakfast and  then he took another one of the media chairs that my weight broke.  Hopefully I won't break another one.  Both of the chairs that broke had been heavily used for the last 4 years and the ones we are sitting in now have hardly been used.  I'm hoping and praying that the other two will make it back soon!

We did get some thunder and strong rain showers this afternoon and I did fall asleep for about a hour.  For lunch I had left over ribs and some pinto beans and tonight for dinner I had chicken, green beans and some pinto beans.  Mark watched a couple of movies while I worked on a menu for our chef.  Not sure that I'm liking this a whole lot now.  She use to send us some choices and all we had to do but pick.  She knows that I am doing low-carb and look what she sent:

Hi Laura,
 
Not sure if you can have some of these sides...just change if you can't have carbs.  
 
1.  Chicken Tikka Masala with Brown Basmati Rice, Roasted Curried Cauliflower.
2.  Shrimp Etouffee, Brown Rice, Spinach  or Romaine Salad w/Berries, Feta, Almonds and Raspberry Vinaigrette 
3.  Stuffed Peppers w/lean beef or turkey topped w/Tangy Tomato Sauce or Brown Gravy or Fire Roasted Salsa? Pepper Jack Cheese Mashed Potatoes
4.  Shrimp and/or Scallops w/Angel Hair Pasta, Diced Tomatoes, Garlic, Basil, EV Olive Oil; Caesar Salad
5.  Beef Stroganoff w/Whole Wheat Spiral Noodles, Steamed Broccoli w/Lemon Zest
6.  Chicken Enchiladas w/Green (salsa verde) sauce?  Rice and Beans? 
7.  Seafood Gumbo (crab, fish, shrimp, want okra?); Brown Rice, Want a salad or other Veggie?
8.  Chicken Teriyaki, Veggie Fried Rice, Mini Veggie Eggrolls 

Amazing!  What did she miss?  No rice, no pasta, no potatoes, no bread, no suguar!  Brown rice? No. Brown Gravy? No.  Mashed potatoes? Hell No!  Angel Hair Pasta? Oh NO!  Spiral Noodles? NO!  Chicken Enchiladas?  Made with what? NO!  Veggie fried rice? Come on Antonette!  Where is your head?  Mini Eggrolls? NO!

Can you tell I just lost it.  Lately she has only been preparing grilled or baked meats and veggies!  Good ones!  So I had to go looking on low-carb websites and blogs and Pinterest to find some recipes to send to her.  I pay her $350 every two weeks cheffing fee!  She needs to be figuring this out!  The last time she delivered food she suggested tacos and use lettuce cups as tortillas, Stir-fries without any rice!  So WTH?!!!!

Sorry, but this really did make me mad.  I'm really having a tough time with all of this.  You don't eat certain things for 57 years and then go through a major change easily!  Now you know my age!  Dang!  So set the record straight...I just turned 58!  LOL!  My mind says I'm 20!  So...

Tomorrow I want to stitch!  I want to relax.  However the maids are coming on Monday at noon and Mark has to put the other TV into the cabinet in the living room and I really need to cook some food for our lunches this week.  Hopefully I will get enough stitching done that I will be satisfied.

This journey continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment