Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year...New Start!

Where do I start?

I didn't sleep well last night because my heart started beating all kinds of crazy like I was fixing to go into A-Fib.  I woke up sick to my stomach and I got Mark to get up with me.  I had a couple cups of tea and then it was time to get ready to go and join Weight Watchers.  I about freaked out.  I asked myself "What in the world are you thinking?"  I yelled out at Mark "WAIT!", then I grabbed one of my essential oils that helps with emotions and headed for the bedroom.

I sat sniffing my PEACE oil and Mark was telling me to make up my mind.  I applied the oils to my wrists as he reminded me that I could quit anytime but I needed to go and get the materials to the new program.  By then the oils were helping to calm me down.  I got dressed and we headed out the door.

We got signed in and found a chair and the leader was one that I would go to every great once in a while when I needed a break from my former leader.  There weren't very many people there.  There were quite a few people like us who were returning.  The meeting was mostly about the change of direction the company was taking and why.  It was good to hear WW was finally realizing how sugar plays in food values.  I hate sugar!  I've learned it has been the biggest culprit to my life of obesity.  I hope to share what I've learned in the coming days.  Weight Watchers has really done a grand job on this program.  It's a good new beginning for them.  Baby Steps...they are good!

During the explanation of the program I got a little bit miffed.  There really wasn't a lot said.  A few important pages pointed out so I will have to read the book to make sure I don't miss anything.  All fruit and veggies are 0 points on this new program with one exception...If you blend fruits and veggies then they become points.  I have a real issue with this because I love green smoothies and I drink one everyday.  I invested in a Vita-mix blender which does an excellent job taking my kale, spinach, banana, strawberries, flax seed and pineapple and blending it smooth as glass.  All the components of the food is there!  My body does not know the difference between having to chew all of this or drink it.  When I have my smoothie I'm not hungry for 5-6 hours.  If I have a egg and a bowl of oatmeal then I'm hungry in 2 or less.  So...

I had to ask why this is that way.  The leader listened as I explained and said OK then she asked the group "Do you think I need to ask Laura the big question?"  They all said "yes"  Then they said to me "What brought you here?"  Oh my goodness!  Here I am sitting there in all my 436 lb glory with these not so over-weighted women asking me "The question"!  I told them not drinking the smoothies but eating fast food, Mexican food, pizza, cookies, candy and all the bad food that everyone struggles with.  They laughed at me.  I felt dumb and ashamed.  It was the truth.  I start off good then I fall apart.  Yes, it is my choice to eat bad and yes I follow through but I also live with no stamina and a lot of pain at this weight.  I recently had to buy a belt extender for my SUV.  I'm close to being not able to drive.  It is hard to get in that SUV and harder to get in a car!  Yes I accept all responsibility for where I'm at.  All of it but don't you dare make fun of me for reaching out wanting to change and trying to understand why there is a difference when the reality is the calories don't change.  If it is free it needs to stay free.  So...if the rule is I have to put it in the Recipe Builder and count the points then I will!  My biggest concern also was if I eat like I should then I will never use my 70 daily points or touch my 42 weekly!  So then what?  I guess I will have to wait and see. Supposedly with this new program if you have daily points left over and you are not hungry then you are not required to eat them.

So...I've skimmed the books, I will read and plan tomorrow.  I think for the next 2 weeks I will do the Points system but I have a feeling I will be switching to the Simply Filling program.  It just might be a better more comfortable fit for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment