Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bert Is Home!!!!

Our little Bertie got to come home this afternoon!  We don't have any results yet but they finally got some urine off of the little booger so we can check him out.  He is curled up next to me right now.  I love it!  I missed him so much. 

My morning was spent on the computer and waiting for the vet to call so that I could pick him up.  I did have a good breakfast of a toasted english muffin with some peanut butter.  I was going to have a banana with it but after the muffin I was satisfied so I saved the banana just in case I needed a morning snack.  I didn't.  I had my Remicade today so by the time I ended up having to call the vet, Bert still hadn't used his box so I knew that I wasn't going to be able to go and get him.  They also scared me to death about Bert telling me that he may be blocked.  I know that is very serious because I had a male cat in the past that had that issue and it was bad!  And expensive!  I didn't want that for Bert.  It ended up he was just stressed out.  Mark ended up using his lunch hour to go get him and bring him home.  I wanted him out of there as soon as he was able to leave.  It seems like every time I have to take him in he gets so stressed he gets a upper respiratory infection.  This time they gave him a shot of antibiotics that will last for 14 days so we are covered.

I made me a roast beef, nitrate free, sandwich with some BBQ chips for lunch and took it with me for my treatment.  Once they got me set up I enjoyed my lunch (I was hungry) and then I messed around with my iPad until I got sleepy.  They had to wake me to go home at 4:30.  I didn't get home till after 6:00 because the traffic was so bad.  I hate late appointments on that side of town.

When got home I was greeted at the door with my little Bert and the other two.  They were ready for their dinner so I fed them and then I went in and put my feet up and fell asleep again.  Mark woke me up calling and he asked me what was for dinner.  I told him that I had the pork chops if he wanted to help me cook.  I feel like crap after my Remicade for a couple of days.  I then decided that I just didn't feel like doing it so he went to Carl's BBQ and brought home a cheese burger with some fries.  Not too bad.  I ended up crashing in my chair and so did Mark.  We both woke up around 9:00 and Mark went out and mailed our yearly Maintenance Fees and I fell back asleep.  He woke me up around 10:30 to go to bed.  Boring day huh?

Well tomorrow I have a training session with Larissa at 10:00 and I am going to make myself go.  I am also going to get some things done around the house.  That made me feel good.  I will cook Pork chops for dinner and we'll see what all I accomplish.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment