Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

I almost let the day go!  I have been pretty sick with a upper respiratory infection.  I have been wanting to write but when I would get in the mood I would fall asleep.  I've had to catch sleep when I can because I have been coughing my head off.

We had an uneventful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.  We pretty much just planted ourselves in front of the TV and just watched it away.  We did bring in the New Year with Mimosa's and we both crashed in our chairs shortly after that!

I am noticing that I'm eating less and I'm having a less pull to the food.  I really don't think that it is because I'm sick because I have had my 3 meals and a snack until today.  I slept through my afternoon snack and dinner.  I did eat a few Tostitos and some Velveeta cheese dip as a bedtime snack.  Funny I didn't have very much.  We did have a big lunch from Luby's.  I had pork roast, mashed potatoes with gravy, black-eye peas, green beans and cornbread.  I didn't eat all my green beans but it left me satisfied for a long time.

I'm hoping that tomorrow when I wake up that I feel like getting back into the gym. I did talk to Larissa my trainer and she told me that we could take it easy.  When we texted this afternoon she told me to see how I felt in the morning and to let her know.  I did have a pretty rough day coughing my head off.  Right now things are calm and I'm hoping that when I finish writing this that I will actually be able to lay down in the bed tonight.  Sleeping in a media chair is no fun!  LOL!

Tomorrow I hope to have a better day with my meal timing.  I also want to cook dinner tomorrow night.  I'm real hungry for some grilled fish, new potatoes and some veggies.  I have a new seasoning that I would like to try out that I purchased from a friend's son back in the summer.  It is made locally and she says that it is to die for.  I shared a bottle of it with Stacey while she was here.

Another thing that has been different is I sent Mark to the store the other night because we were out of egg patties, English muffins, creamer and fruit.  He let the bakery grab him and he brought home 3 containers of cookies.  Can you spell K - I - L - L???  I know when Kathy hears about this one she will having another talk with him.  Really I have already had the talk with him.  What in the world was he thinking.  He said that he was hungry for some cookies but couldn't decide which ones he wanted.  I told him to never bring home 3 again.  I told him that he was making excuses and that he could figure out what he really wanted. 

Usually we will clean out cookies because we are cookie monsters!  He bought these Monday night and we have only had a few of them.  He has actually eaten more than I have.  I've been satisfied with one or two and he has had 3 - 5!  He's on his own.  I have to do my thing and work on me.  He knows how to lose weight.  He know what it takes.  If he doesn't he needs to just go back to WW and learn how to do the program or pay and get his own dietitian.  LOL!

I do, really feel less a pull for food.  I'm not stressed out over it.  It is really nice knowing that can have anything and I don't have to eat anymore light stuff.  Are you wondering about my weight?  Well, let me say this.  I had my Remicade before Christmas and it was about that time that I got busy and could not take my fluid pills.  By the time Stacey got here my legs were killing me from being so swollen.  Last Wednesday afternoon I got on the scale at a Whopping 416 lbs.  I started taking the fluid pills every day.  Yesterday morning I was down to 390.8 lbs.  What does that say?  I must take my meds is what it tells me.  Yesterday I really didn't feel good and I felt dehydrated.  Today I just took the mildest of the fluid pills the Dr. has prescribed.  I have drank more today and I feel better.  My plan is to make Thursday my new weigh-in day.  I figured it is a good day because it is the day that I see Kathy.  So, I will start the Stat page on Thursday and we will see what my peaceful feeling with food is actually doing.

Are you ready to follow me again?  I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment