Monday, January 21, 2013

Sat...Sun...Mon...Gotta Get Back On Track!

I'm so sorry!  I have been distracted!  I have gotten addicted to a game on Facebook and I've also been trying to work on my "To Do" list and that is where my priorities have been...confession over!  At least I can be honest...Right?

You really haven't missed too much but I will fill you in anyway because I have been doing good except for the game distraction.  Saturday I pretty much sat around watched TV and played the game and let Mark wait on me.  I love when he does this.  Saturday night we were invited to our neighbor's house for dinner with the Realtor who sold him the house (who I met and helped a lot opening his gate and such) and his wife.  They are all lovely people.  Sri and Srijha are from India and are the sweetest couple you have ever met.  They are newlyweds, in their first home and they are always doing kind things for us.  After the last neighbor and some of you remember "Jerry Springer Girl" we are so happy to have such nice neighbors.  Sri is the cook right now and is also a Engineer and his bride Srijha who is already a Doctor in India is studying to pass the required exams to become a Dr. in the States.  Sri made us home made hummus which was the best that I ever tasted and served it with pita chips and strawberries and kiwi.  For dinner he made Lamb Curry, a seasoned rice with a yogurt sauce that was to die for and Butter Chicken.  He also served a Indian Bread that wasn't Naan but another flat bread that looked like whole wheat tortillas but man it was tons better than that!  I made a dump cake and brought ice cream to go with it.  We all had a good time.  I did well with my eating during the day and at dinner I just took the portions that I needed to be satisfied.  Even for dessert I had one large spoonful of dump cake with 1 scoop of ice cream and I left the dessert there!  Sweet!!!

On Sunday I pretty much did the same thing all day and I did manage my eating well.  In the early evening I washed up some dishes, loaded the dishwasher and then I made Pecan Crusted Fish.  I will post the recipe.  I forgot to take a picture for you to see and I promise I will the next time I make it, which will be very soon, because it was so good!  I also made some roasted green beans and I put a brown butter balsamic sauce over it.  I also boiled us some new potatoes.  It was good.  So Sunday was day one of my cooking goal for the week.  By the time I go and see Kathy I will have cooked 4 times this week.  Go me!

Monday, I finally got on the scale and you will need to go look at my Stats to see how I have been doing.  I was real surprised!  I think that I like this weighing ever so often and not being so focused on the scale but more on learning to live with this eating disorder.  I am so proud of myself with the way that I have been eating over the last 3 days.  In fact so much so I want it to continue.  I do have to say though that it is extremely hard for me to stand on my feet to do it all. My back is giving me fits as well and I know that is because of my big butt pulling on it.  My knees still hurt but I keep telling myself that with each pound lost, eventually the pain will leave and it will just be a routine for me.  Today I also cleaned up the kitchen, washed and dried 3 loads of clothes which I still have to fold.  I also cooked dinner.  Tonight I made Hamburger Soup which doesn't really have a recipe, but I will post and tell you what I did.  We will get several meals out of it.  We had Italian rolls to go with it.  We also watched The Biggest Loser, but Mark got home in the middle of it, so I was glad that I recorded it because we will have to re-watch it before next week.  We watched a little more on TV and then went to bed.

Want to know what I'm cooking tomorrow night?  Stay tuned...I promise I will take a picture of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment