Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Better Day!

I actually woke up and was able to fix Mark's breakfast and lunch for him to take to work.  It felt good to do something I was doing a few weeks ago and he really did appreciate it because he has been having to go out and get something for lunch.  I know he was happy today because we had severe weather most of the day.

I did have a good breakfast of a English muffin with peanut butter and a banana and a cup of coffee.  I also ate at a normal time.  I watched some TV, talked on the phone with my niece's partner and messed around with Facebook.  I ended up dozing of while playing a game and luckily I woke up in time for lunch.  A little late but at least I woke up!  I had a turkey sandwich on oatmeal bread, mayo, cheese, lettuce and onion.  I also had a diet coke and a handful of jalapeno potato chips which I love!  It was so good and satisfying.

The plan was to make that recipe that I have been wanting to make all week but around 5:15 after I fed the cats.  I dozed off in my chair waiting to let Ernie out of the media room.  I woke up at 6:30!  Poor cats having to be locked up for that long. Mark called about the same time and I told him what happened and so we decided that he would just bring home BBQ baked potatoes.  It was really good and satisfying.

The other thing that happened today is the Estate Sale Company that is doing Mark's mother's estate got pictures up of the sale.  We knew that she had a lot of stuff because we had to go through it all but I'm telling you I never dreamed there was as much as the pictures showed.  The sale goes on this Friday and Saturday and we would appreciate prayers and warm thoughts that it all sales so we don't have to figure out what to do with what is left over.  For an exampled she has over 400 albums!  That is just a needle in the haystack, trust me!

Well, tomorrow I am planning to go and see Anna and to meet with Kathy.  I'm anxious to see them both, especially Anna because I need some help dealing with this situation with my parents ending their relationship with me for now, until I heal.  I'm really starting to feel a lot of anger about it all and we all know what anger can do when you are a emotional eater.  I know that Kathy will be able to help me too.  So tomorrow's post may be lengthy since I will share what else I learn from Kathy.

I did get two little encouragements today that I loved!  I want to share them with you!

Here they are:

"Don't let your struggle become your identity."

and

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending...

Now I really like that one.  A new way to think about things when trouble comes in staying on course.  Tell me what you think about the little encouragements I get by logging my food.  Do you like them?  Do they warm your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment