Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Get Up and Go...

Got up and went!

I didn't get as much done today but I must be happy with what I did get done!  I did get Mark off to work as this was his turn to work on Saturday and I showered and dressed and drank some coffee and watched "Buy and Sell" on HGTV and then I fixed some breakfast.  I have to tell you about a new product that I tried.  It was McCain's Irish Oatmeal that is Instant!  You know what a pain in the rear it is to cook Steel Cut Oats, well these were so easy and so good and they taste just like you made them the long way!  You have to try them if you love steel cut oats.  I got a load of laundry going and I loaded the dishwasher and got it going.  Then I rested.  I folded some towel and put them away and then washed the pot and pans from dinner last night and I wasn't feel too good.  I decided to take a nap and I woke up around 2:00.  I still wasn't feeling good so I made myself a Chipolte Chicken Breast Sandwich with some jalapeno chips and a Coke Zero and that helped a little.  I got the laundry switched over to the dryer and by that time the dishwasher had stopped and I emptied the dishes that hod onto water and quickly shut the dishwasher back so that they would dry.

I did get the recipe up so make sure you go and check it out.  It was really good and I highly recommend it.  I realized as I was posting the recipe that I am going to have to figure out how to get these recipes on individual pages and how to create categories to link them to like I did with the old website.  It is going to be hard to do on Blogger.  I will try to figure out a way that it will be easy for you all.  I did create on the side bar a Recipe section and was able to link the Soup to the page so until I'm ready to post another recipe I'm not sure how it is going to work out.  I hate to think that you might have to scroll down the page till you get to the recipe.  Of course if that happens the newest will be at the bottom so that should be easy but I shutter to think if you want to cook ad recipe and have to scroll through 50 of them.  I will have to make this a project on how to figure this out.

I pretty much did nothing else till Mark got home.  He wanted to take a nap for about a hour so I played my games on Facebook and then we both got in the kitchen to prepare dinner.  We ended up having Tortilla Crusted Tilapia from Costco, black beans and new potatoes.  I wanted some broccoli but it seems all our veggies have been in the freezer too long and they have all died.  Bummer.  We'll have to get some new frozen veggies on the next trip to the store. 

Tonight we have just watched TV and we are waiting for the rain to move back and the next cold front to arrive which is going to put us down into the 40's for the next few days.  I know that is nothing to those of you who deal with snow but it is cold for this Texan!

Be good and we'll see what tomorrow brings.  It is feeling good to get up and move.  I just have to keep adding to my list or rearranging it as I go along.  I promise that I'm not going to bore you with what I do each day but these last two days have really been an accomplishment for this lazy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment