Friday, January 4, 2013

Hoping To Be Turning A Corner...

I had another rough night but this morning my voice was a little better and the congestion was breaking up!  That is a good thing.

I pretty much had a lazy, restful day.  Just played around on the computer but I did make it a point to cook a good breakfast of multi-grain waffles, 2 egg whites with 1 egg yolk, turkey sausage crumbles and sugar-free syrup.  Kathy and I talked about the sugar-free syrup and she is o.k. with it because I really like Cary's Sugar-Free!

After breakfast, I showered and dressed and did a breathing treatment and I rested and actually dozed off for a few minutes.  For lunch I made a Black Forest Ham Sandwich out of oatmeal bread, mayo, Kraft Big Cheese, lettuce and onions.  I also had a handful of Cape Cod Light Chips.

The afternoon I messed around on Facebook playing games and I took a pretty good nap but missed a call from a old friend Teri who lives in Tennessee.  She left me a message and asked me to text her and let her know what time I was up in the morning and she would call me back, so I did.

When I got up to feed the cats at five I fixed me 4 peanut butter cracker sandwiches and enjoyed those.  I then loaded the dishwasher and hand washed some pots and pans.  I gearing up to cook dinner tomorrow night.

Mark brought home Panda Express and we enjoyed that this evening.  I over did it though.  I had 3 veggie spring rolls which I could have done without, firecracker chicken, Beijing Beef and their chow mien noodles side.  I was pretty full.  I told Mark hat we just need to do away with the Spring Rolls.  He agreed with me.  So I logged dinner and wrote about my feelings and what Mark and I discussed in my Recovery Record App.  I love that thing, when you are feeling down on yourself it gives you such warm encouragements that make you smile and give you the mind-set to do better and carry on.  For example"Letting Go of Perfect", "Every accomplishment begins with the decision to try."

Don't you love it.  I get these little things every time I log my meals.  I love my warm fuzzies.  I need them.

We just watched TV tonight.  I think Mark is getting sick, he went to bed early saying his throat hurts.  I'm in the media room once again  He offered to sleep in the Guest Room.  I still feel like I would cough myself silly if I tried and lay down.

Well, here is to a good day tomorrow.  Praying that I feel better and for a good day.

Here is a warm fuzzy I'll end with...

"Whatever You Do, Hold on to hope!  The tiniest thread will twist into a UNBREAKABLE Cord.
Let Hope anchor You in the possibility that this is Not the end of your Story, that CHANGE will bring you to peaceful shores."

Love it!  Don't forget it! ...Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment