Sunday, February 22, 2015

Catch Up!

Sorry about this!  We ended up watching movies till 3:00 in the morning.  We didn't wale up till after 10 this morning!

Saturday was spent doing some cooking, watching TV and cross-stitching.  I did finally make a recipe that I wanted to do at Thanksgiving, put it off till Christmas and still didn't get it made.  I guess today was the day and here is the recipe.  It is clean and boy it is good!

paleo pie crust recipe

Paleo Pie Crustprint
  1. Place flour and salt in food processor and pulse briefly
  2. Add coconut oil and egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball
  3. Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish
  4. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes
Makes 1 pie crust


I must tell you to spray your pie plate with Pam or grease it with some coconut oil as my piecrust did stick!  I also did not pre-bake this pie crust.

paleo pumpkin pie

Paleo Pumpkin Pieprint
  1. In a food processor combine pumpkin puree, and eggs
  2. Pulse in coconut milk, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
  3. Pour filling into Paleo Pie Crust
  4. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes
  5. Allow to cool then refrigerate for 2 hours to set up
Makes 1 pie

My filling was thicker than the picture.  It filled a 9-inch pie plate and that is what I recommend you to use.  Mine did not cook in 45 minutes, it took over an hour.  Next time next time I will cook it about 15 minutes at 425 degrees and the lower the temp to 350 for 40-50 minutes till knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.  I hope you will try it.

One other thing.  I think the next time I make it I will add just a little more cinnamon.  Mis the filling without the eggs and taste it to see what you think!

Here are the links that I found for this pie.  I want to give credit to the creator and author!

Crust:

http://elanaspantry.com/paleo-pie-crust/

Pie:

http://elanaspantry.com/paleo-pumpkin-pie/

I don't want to load you up with recipes on this blog post so I will share tomorrow what I made for dinner!  It was delicious!  I don't think I've posted that one!

Today was a lazy day!  We watched TV, didn't cook which means my eating was off a bit.  We did make good choices though.  I cross-stitched while we watched the Oscars and I had to rip it all out because I was off but I did get it all put back in.  I am starting to hate this angel!

Tomorrow is going to be a busy cold day!  I am getting back to the gym!  Thank you Grover, Melanie and Justin.  I also have to get up early to wash my hair!

Better get some sleep!

Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment