Thursday, February 19, 2015

GAK!

That is how I feel today.  Horrible eating day.  It is what it is.  I'm just looking for excuses to be bad.  How crazy is this?  Stupid!

My neighbor called last night because they needed my help taking Srijah to the clinic that she is shadowing a Dr.  It was my excuse to go through Whataburger for biscuit sandwiches and hashbrowns.  My punishment was not to have lunch.  Dinner was fried mushrooms, onion rings and fried shrimp.  I'm sick.  It's my own fault but I am ready to draw a line in the sand and stop this insanity.

I did bake chicken for my quinoa spanish rice and I also made Canned Tuna Ceviche.  Oh my!  I tasted it and it is so fresh tasting with the lime and veggies in it.  I can't imagine once the flavors all meld together.  They will be awesome lettuce wraps with avocado on top!  It is another recipe from Skinny Taste and I haven't had a response from Gina so I can only post the link for now.  I don't want to get into copyright issues!  So here it is:

Canned Tuna Ceviche

I hope you will check it out and give it a try!  A good friend of mine wrote me yesterday and told me that she subbed green onions for the purple onions and she left out the jalapenos.  She said that she added a can of rinsed and drained white beans and I bet that would be a great addition!  It would also tone down the recipe for people who don't care for jalapeno.

I did wash dishes and washed towels today so I was active.  I had a nice little nap today too.  I don't know why but I'm waking up at 4:45 a.m.  What is with that?  If it happens tomorrow I will fight through taking a nap and see if I can sleep to a normal time.  I'm sure eating like I am is part of the reason.  I do feel like a slug and I don't have the energy that I did when I ate clean.

Tomorrow will be good!  I've drawn my line...PARTY OVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment