Saturday, February 7, 2015

Kiss And Make Up...

Not really.

I heard from Michael this morning and got an apology that he hasn't been better about being in touch.  Got a talk about how at times he might not be here and Janet won't be here and how I need to rely on my faith and rely on the Lord.  That I need to scream out at the Lord.  That was the jest of the conversation.  Oh and I told him how yesterday was horrible and he said that it was o.k. that he even has had days like that but it's what I do with it is important.  He said it is important to break that train of thought and get back to it.  Not to let one bad day derail everything that I have done,  I agree.

I can't tell you how close I came to not even taking his call.  I picked up my phone and said "I don't want to talk to you!" put it down then picked it up and answered.  I was still just a little pissed so my attitude wasn't the greatest.  I mainly just listened.

Did I get back on track today?  No.

Will I?

Read on...

My anger pity party continued.  We slept so late that we skipped breakfast and had BBQ for lunch.

I had a 2 hour conversation with my neighbor Rae about things going on in her life and what is going on with Michael and Janet.  I told her that I need to develop a new support system here locally.  Don't know how but I need to.  Wish I had more friends.  I guess I'm too much a recluse.  Rae told me about many times I called or texted her and saved her from blowing it.  She told me that she is always there for me and would support me.  I appreciate it.  Now to be able to get along.  I think I'm learning to deal with her mood swings.  I know when to retreat!

I told her that I was going to make everything on Michael's Essential list available to myself.  What I'm restricted on is cinnamon and fruit.  I'm not a big fruit eater anyway but I'm sure when my body is screaming for something sweet a selection of a few more things other than apples and blueberries would be nice.  Of course anything else will have to wait on Michael and Janet.

Tonight we decided to go to Del Pueblo for fajitas.  We have been wanting it so we figured we would end our party with going there.  What a learning experience it has been, this excursion that we have been on!

1.  Whataburger tasted like a salt lick.  It wasn't liked I remembered.  Fries were too greasy and nauseating.  Ketchup was too sweet!

2.  Salsa at Del Pueblo had a wang to it.  It use to be our favorite.  We would clear 2-3 bowls of it.  Tortilla chips were too greasy and disgusting.  I use to go for the shiny ones.  Greasier ones.  YUK!

3.  Fajitas was tasteless.  Flour tortillas were greasy and tasted like they looked...flour mixed with lard!

I had a bite of beans and they were tasteless and I didn't eat the rice.  I stopped at 2 fajitas.  We both said to each other in the car that we would not do that again.  We then talked about how having salmon, sweet potatoes and veggies was so much better!

We learned a lot!  Eating frenzy is over.  Back to good, fresh and homemade foods.  Clean eating is the only way!!!

I'm learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment