Friday, February 20, 2015

I made it!

I'm back on track!  At least with food!  Now to get my water consumption back up!

I did some errands today and washed clothes and cleaned up the kitchen so I did have some activity.

You will never believe what Grover's proposal was to me!  I'm still in a state of shock.  Back before the gym opened Grover stayed in touch with me telling me the progress of the gym.  One of our conversations was about me getting my money back from 24 Hour Fitness for training sessions not used.  It was about $1500.  I wanted to donated it to Downsize.  He was touched and shared with me that one of his desires was to have a fund that could help people who really could not afford the gym membership and if I donated the money he would call it the Laura Nichols Fund.  I was touched but I didn't want my name attached to it.  I wanted to be anonymous.  So the Dream Fund was born even though I did not get my money back nor made a donation.  We also talked about one day making it available to members to donate to to give back.

Grover told me that they have reached the point in the membership of the gym that there are funds in the Dream Fund.  He told me that he and Melanie were in town this week and met with Justin and talked about who should be the first recipient.  Here is the shocker.  He told me Justin spoke first and brought my name up and said that I should be offered the help.  I couldn't believe it!  I thought Justin hated me after me telling Grover all the things that he did that irritated me.  Things changed with him after that conversation last Fall.  I'm still in shock that Justin brought my name up and I can tell you this touched me to the core!

I accepted because I do need the gym.  I need the financial help during this tough time and as Mark and I can recover from having no commission check.  Grover told me that they will do this for 6 months and will re-evaluate it then.  If I still needed it they would continue it.  He said for doing this they would want me to do some videos for Facebook and Instagram.  I will do that.  He told me that they missed my smiling face and my great attitude in the gym!

I'm touched beyond words!

Mark and I talked and we know if things happen like we think they will we can get back to paying for my membership and will donate back to the Dream Fund what has so graciously been given us.

I'm really speechless...

No comments:

Post a Comment