Saturday, January 24, 2015

Busy Day!

I'm tired!  Slept in a little bit this morning, caught up on Facebook, grabbed a shower and headed to go and see our salesmen at Hubb Mitsubishi.  When we got there our salesman George was outside.  When he saw me get out of the car he just started hooting.  Such a great feeling!  I needed that.  He could hardly believe it was me.  He has never seen me at this size.  We walked into the dealership and went to his office and he started clapping when I sat in a chair with arms on it with no problems.  He proceeded to tell me that when Ed the sales manager got back he would be so excited for me.  We all just chatted until Ed got back and he was really happy for my weight loss.  It all was such a good feeling!  We visited for a while longer till they both had to take care of customers and we left.

We were starving because it was nearly 4 in the afternoon so we stopped for a BBQ sandwich.  No, I did not eat the bread just the meat inside and then we headed to Sprouts for a little grocery shopping.  You know that is a neat store.  I loved their meat counter.  It reminded me of a large Trader Joes.   They make their own chicken sausage several ways.  I bought some hot chicken sausage for the Minestrone that I plan on making tomorrow.  We hurried home because I needed to get dinner started since Rae was coming over for dinner and movies.

Mark ran to another store while I put up groceries, packaged meat through the Food Saver and started the Cabbage soup.  When he got back he helped me finish getting the house ready.  Yesterday Janet had told me that today she wanted to hit 10,000 steps on her Fitbit.  She challenged me to get up to 2000.  Just before Rae got there I was about 400 steps away from goal.  I texted Janet to find out she met her goal and I told her I was shy and was running out of time.  She told me to push it and get it done, so I started walking all around my house going room to room trying to get them in.  When Rae got here I went to answer the door and I stepped outside and told her to take a quick walk with me.  She too was going on and on as to how good I looked and we walked to the corner and back.  Bad thing, I was barefoot!  We called Janet and had her on speakerphone and we stopped to check my stats on my Fitbit and I met and exceeded my goal!  It pumped me up!  A little later I was deflated because I couldn't walk because the pain in my ankle and foot!!!!  GREAT!

We had our soup and we watched a couple of movies and between them we had some fresh strawberries and I showed Rae how to whip coconut milk.  It is amazing!  Here is a link to it:

 http://ohsheglows.com/2012/08/30/coconut-whipped-cream-a-step-by-step-photo-tutorial/

The only thing that I do is put the can upside down the the refrigerator so that when I turn it right-side up the cream is on the bottom and the liquid substance is at the top and you can pour it off.  Try it.  You will love it.  I have used Coconut milk will Guar Gum and it still worked.  I hear you can buy cans of the coconut cream at Trader Joes but their warehouse has been out since Thanksgiving.

Well we watched movie #2 and Rae has gone home.  It is really Sun. morning.  I couldn't write at 2:00 a.m. so I back dated this post.

Comeback to see what today brings.  OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment