Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Regrets?

I knew this would come one day.  I hoped it wouldn't but it has. Remember the old website 'My Going To Goal'?  I wish now I would have kept it.  There was a lot of me there.  I should have continued to try and straighten it all out.  Oh how I would have loved to re-read it today.  Why do we do such things?  CRAZY!

What started this was trying to figure out which way to take this blog.  Art work?  Writing Style?  What to do?  I hate the art on this one.  Never was sold out on it.  Paid a lot of money, just didn't know what to do.  Wanted something custom for once and for all but...  I started looking up weight loss blogs and I was shocked how many are still going that started about the same time as 'Going To Goal'.  The are now on Top Weight Loss Blogs now.  Makes me sad.  My weight loss battle...G - O - N - E!!!!!  Oh well, no need to cry over spilled milk.  Clean it up and move on.  I'm still sad.

Today was a hard day.  I struggled.  I tried checking in with Michael and he was in a meeting with Janet and Brittany and told me he would call me back but didn't.  I was going to tell him I'm struggling.  I'm getting bored and we all know that is a dangerous state for me.  I need some changes yet I know he's not going to do it.  I often wonder if he ever is.  Most of the people he coaches get more than I'm getting right now and they get changes after 45 days.  Let's see...Today is Day 87!  87!!!!!!!  NO CHANGES!!!!!!  No wonder I'm starting to want to play with this!  You know...push the plate a little?  42 lbs in 87 days.  That is a lot of weight.  Less contact from Michael, his cronies and Janet.  I know I'm griping!  I said today was a hard day.  Many times today, I've thought about telling them I'm going on my own.  I would continue, no wheat, dairy and sugar but I would add some fruit choices and Paleo bread.  Research more clean eating.

But I won't.  I'll continue on.

I got the heart halter put on today.  I'll be glad in the morning to take it off.  Those sticky things itch and I can't scratch! LOL!

I didn't do much today, laundry, stitched, you know the same old things.  BORING!  I did try the Carnitas that I made this weekend.  Not crazy about it.  It has cinnamon in it and you can taste it.  I guess I just don't care for sweet meat.  I'm going to go ahead and post the recipe so you can try it if your heart desires.  Next time I think I will replace the cinnamon with Chipolte!  Make it spicy and smokey.  YUM!  I ate it in Romaine lettuce leaves with some homemade pico and avocado.  Here is the recipe:

Slow Cooker Carnitas
adapted via All Recipes
serves 10-12

2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 lb. boneless pork shoulder roast
2 bay leaves
2 cups chicken broth (homemade or store-bought - check the label!)

1 fresh lime, cut into wedges for serving (optional)

In a small bowl, mix together the salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, coriander and cinnamon.  Rub the pork with the spice mixture, coating the meat evenly.  Place the bay leaves in the bottom of your slow cooker and top with the rubbed pork.  Pour the chicken broth around the pork.

Cover and cook on low until the pork easily shreds with a fork, 8-10 hours.  Once the pork has finished cooking, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it in a large bowl.  Add 1/4-1/2 cup of the cooking liquid into the shredded meat to moisten it, as needed.

You can serve the pork immediately, or pop it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up a bit.  I like to spread some evenly on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil to my liking.  A squirt of fresh lime juice just before serving is optional, but highly recommended.

(Any leftover pork reheats beautifully under the broiler in about 5 minutes.)





Looks good doesn't it.  I'll make it again I'll just exchange the cinnamon for something with a kick.  Who knows, I may try it again and decide it's ok.  Anyway. it did look just like this picture.  Try lettuce leaves!  I promise you won't miss the tortilla!

Till tomorrow...hitting the hay!

Be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment