Monday, January 26, 2015

Busy! I think It Felt Good!

Today was a busy day!  I got Mark off to work with breakfast and lunch, washed dishes I don't know how many times, 4 loads of laundry done and almost put up, thawed meet for dinner, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and made the filling for Chicken Lettuce Wraps!  I also met Doreen for lunch and it was absolutely wonder to be able to catch up with her!  She looked great and I'm so blessed that she has come to be part of my life!  A real sweetheart!  Today I took 2504 steps and I burned 2734 calories.

I know to a lot of you that is a normal day but for me to have accomplished that much was huge.  It felt good but it killed my feet and knees!  What is going on?  The last time I was at this weight I had no pain.  Now it feels like I'm dying!  Oh what have I done through years of being obese.  What good has the binges done?  Has it been worth it?  NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!  Oh how I wish I could take it all back.  For the first time in my life I'm truly learning that food is fuel.  While it can be enjoyable that is no way to look at it.  Our culture is really sick!  We are too centered around food!!!  We put way too much emphasis on eating!  Food kills and it wrecks lives!  It has wrecked mine and I am the only one to blame.  Just me!  Not my Mom, Dad, other family members, friends.  Just me!  I lift that fork to my mouth and I have made the decisions!!!

Well, I can't go back for a 2nd chance but I can undo what I have done and that is exactly what I am doing.  I'm going to close with 2 You Tube videos that hit my Facebook page yesterday.  The first was posted by my Michael Banks, my dear coach and friend.  I'm telling you this is not him speaking but this is how he thinks.  Listen carefully and tell me if this doesn't impact you to change!



The second one is a huge wake-up call as to what is happening in this country with not only our children but ourselves.  Tell me if this doesn't make you want to think about what you put in your mouth!

http://www.realfarmacy.com/5-year-old-girl-consumed-1460-sodas-in-her-short-lifetime/

May the decisions I make each day bring me back to life and health!  I want it!!!!

Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment