Tuesday, January 27, 2015

On And Off!

The scale!  Why do we do this?  It drives me crazy but after this little gain over the last 2 weeks I'm on and off the scales.  It isn't moving and it is driving me nuts!  I don't like going the wrong way even though I know it's going to move and I will be surprised when it does.  I asked Michael today if I could take a break from the scale and his response was "We'll talk about it."  Doesn't sound like he is going to let me do it.  I just want to put it up in the attic for the month of February and concentrate more on my training and meal planning.

Speaking of meal planning.  I had the Chicken Lettuce wraps for lunch today.  Oh my stars they were awesome!  Better than P. F. Chang and Pei Wei!  I'll have to get the picture off my phone, but here is the recipe!  They are easy to make as well!



Sesame-Ginger Chicken and Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients:

• 1/2 lb. Chicken Breast, skinless, boneless, small diced
• 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
• 1/4 cup Shitake Mushrooms, chopped
• 1 can 8oz. Water Chestnuts, drained and chopped
• 1/4 cup Carrot, shredded
• 1 tbsp. Green Onions, sliced
• 1 tsp. Ginger Root, chopped
• 1/4 tsp. Garlic, chopped
• 1 tbsp. Rice Vinegar
• 1 tbsp. Tamari Soy Sauce without (Gluten) (You can use Soy Sauce)
• 1 pkg. Stevia Powder
• 1/8 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes, crushed
• 1/4 tsp. Sesame Seeds, white or black
• 1 tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
• 6 Lettuce Leaves of your choice. (I love using slightly steamed Kale! - Janet's choice)

Preparation:

• In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes; remove from skillet. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts, garlic and ginger; cook 4-6 minutes.  Add chicken back to skillet.
• In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, soy sauce, stevia and red pepper flakes together. Stir in the
carrots, onions, and cilantro and add to the chicken mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
• Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with sesame seeds and fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up.

Try them!  You will love them!  I like the filling so much I bet it would be good over fresh spinach as a salad!  Must try that!  Today I worked around the house and I'm getting into this house cleaning.  We'll see how it goes.  I may start thinking about letting the maids go and doing it myself.  Just a little nervous about my knees and feet being able to handle it but I am ready to tackle cleaning out closets and drawers.  Spring cleaning here I come!

Today I took 2,173 steps and burned 2663 calories.  Not bad.  I'd like to get those steps up to 3000!  I was hurting today really bad so I'm proud I broke 2,000.  Maybe tomorrow will be a better day and I can get close to it.

Tomorrow I may make my Quinoa with stir-fry veggies.  I made this recipe up but I think I can make it into a recipe as it is really good as a side dish.  I use red and orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, asparagus and mushrooms.  Garlic and ginger too!  YUM!

We'll it's late and I'm ready to hit the hay!  Tomorrow is gym day!



No comments:

Post a Comment