Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Did I Ruin Myself???

I have been watching over the last few days and it seems that no one is ready this blog anymore.  I have noticed a couple of people who check every other day but and that I'm grateful but I'm wondering today if I should even continue.  I know that it wasn't a good thing not posting very often but I was going through so much this last year.  I just couldn't find consistent creative juices to write every day.  For that I'm sorry.  What was once excited getting out here and sharing the journey went through a bad spell and now that I'm back and feeling better than ever before I feel like I've lost my readers.  I'm sad but know it is my own fault.

I know that I should just write for myself and Michael has encouraged me to write about this because I will be able to record the changes in my life.  He says that is what people crave.  Well I guess I can keep writing for me and record what I feel and maybe I will find readers once again and maybe my faithful and true will come back and read.

Today all I did was cook.  I roasted some sweet potatoes with some red and orange peppers and some onions.  It is one of my new favorite foods but I forgot them in the oven and they burned.  I haven't done that in a long time.  I literally laughed at myself and thought that maybe it is time to go to cooking school.  Tonight I  made our favorite Beef Cabbage Soup and it was yummy on a cold night.  Here is the recipe.  I hope that you will try it out!

Beef Cabbage Soup

1 lb lean ground beef 
1/2 medium onion, chopped 
1/2 large bell pepper, finely chopped 
1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans 
1 can (10.75 oz) beef consomme 
1 can (14 oz) stewed tomatoes 
2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce 
2 cups water 
1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped  (I use a whole bag of Coleslaw mix without the carrots)
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp pepper 
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce 

Brown ground beef with onion; drain; transfer to large pot & add rest. Cook until cabbage is tender.

It is yummy and it freezes well.  I always make a double batch.

I did get to talk to Michael this afternoon and he wants me to get my walking up to 5000 steps since right now the Dr. doesn't want me exercising.  I can resume the exercise once my oxygen levels stay in the mid 90's.  Hopefully that will not take too long.  Tonight we are expecting a hard freeze and the weather dude says that we will remain below freezing for at least 8 hours.  I can tell you that I'm not going out to walk with pneumonia!  Tomorrow night rain is going to move in and another front is expected and this weekend Houston is not going to get out of the 30's.  Weird weather.  I'll have to try and figure out something.

Tomorrow sounds like a good day to stay in and stay warm and I would like to work on my cross stitch angel that I am making for my friend Penny.  I also would like to start a little project for my best friend Karen.  I have never stitched her anything.  I need to pick something out of my stash.  I may see about digging around in that and taking a peek.  I also need to finish taking down the tree and get my Christmas linens washed and put up till next year.  So tomorrow looks like a full day.

Believe it or not I am having problems with this Surface Pro 3 and tonight I might have to take it in to the local Geek Squad.  It is having a mind of it's own.  It is either a faulty mouse because the Geek Squad on the phone couldn't get the mouse to connect to the Bluetooth and then talking with the last Tech who worked on it said it could be a faulty keyboard or a faulty touch screen in which case they will have to place the whole computer.  Fun.  Why am I plagued with computer problems.  Never fear I still have my old trusty stand-by so I will continue to blog.

I want to spend some time finding some new recipes to try.  With the limited choices in food I know that there has to be some new things to try.  I'm thinking about giving Kale another try.  Don't ask me why, I usually do care for the stuff but for some reason it is appealing to me.  Janet has warned me that in cleaning up my diet I would start having tastes for things I never thought I would like.  So we'll see.

Well it is late and I'm going to hit the sack.  I have lots of things that I want to do tomorrow.

Praying someone will check in....

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Laura - I'm here, checking in, and posting! You go girl. xo, Caroline

    ReplyDelete