Friday, January 2, 2015

Lazy Day!

Tonight Mark cooked a wonderful dinner for us.  Sweet potatoes,  green beans and grilled salmon!  My most favorite meal now!   Salmon has become my new steak!   LOL!  After that he wanted to watch the movie Philadelphia with Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington.  Yea, we hadn't seen it but man it was good.  The great dinner and movie distracted me from writing last night!

In one of my last few posts I told you that I had quit Downsize. Well I got them to put my contract on hold because of finances.   I thought it might be cheaper to go back v to 24 Hour Fitness with a trainer once a week but boy was I ever wrong!!! A unlimited contract with Downsize runs me $209 a month.   That includes a trainer shared with up to 8 other people.  24 Hour... $26 a month and a trainer for 5 seasons is over $430!  Guess I will be going back to Downsize with a lesser contract.  I want to go back to Zumba as soon as I can get this bone spur taken care of and about 30-40 lbs off.  I just hung up the phone with Downsize and I dropped to 10 classes a month and that should work out well for me.  One thing that I hate about our Downsize location is the owner is concentrating so much on getting members the gym is boring and has no set rules.  For example...the Owner's son manages the gym.  He's 24.  That should be all I have to say.  With the Owner over 150 miles away he can do basically what he wants to do.  Downsize is a gym where you signup for a class.  So let's say I sign up for a 10:00 strength training class.  Two others also sign up for the class.  I get there at 9:50, put my stuff up, go to the bathroom and I'm ready to go at 10.  Manager wants to just visit with me till the other two show up consistently 10-15 minutes late.  He WAITS!!!!  So if my plans are to finish up by 10:45 and head for a Dr.'s appt. I don't get my allotted time and I was there first.  I brought this up to the Owner's attention back in Oct. He agreed that I shouldn't have to wait and class should begin on time.  Promised he would send a email out about tardiness and as of today, it has not happened!  That is one of my pet peeves.  Second, the manager/trainer makes up our class as we go along so he spends time grabbing and handing us equipment as he stammers along.  The other trainer who works when he is out has 8 stations set up with everything we need to keep the class going.  I feel like I get an amazing workout when she trains.  Thirdly, you are suppose to be able to sign up for a class an hour before it goes off.  I can't tell you how many times the manager will call me and ask me to come at a later time because he has errands to run!  ERRANDS!!!!!  This gym is a 45 minute trip from my house one-way.  I don't have 2 hours and 15 minutes a day to have to wait and then have a workout that I don't sweat at!  I'm happy to put in the drive time but I don't want to waste time either.  I also want a workout that will do me some good!  My prayer is that the gym will go and my favorite trainer will actually get assigned classes to teach and I will go to hers.  Rant over! Do you blame me for being irritated at this?  Leave me a comment with your thoughts!

I didn't feel the greatest today.  I did cross-stitch for a bit, made breakfast and lunch, took meds and did breathing treatments like a good girl!  I hope I find the energy tomorrow to start taking down Christmas decorations!

Be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment